21 May 2018
During the processing we conform to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, The Netherlands). This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
The New Event is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain which personal data we collect and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
Statistics and profiling
We keep statistics on the use of our webshop. These statistics help us to, for example, only show you information that is relevant to you. We may combine personal data to get to know more about you. We will of course respect your privacy at all times.
For this purpose, we use your ip address, payment details and email address. We do this on the basis of your consent.
Contact Form and Newsletter
You can use our webshop to ask questions or make any request.
For this purpose, we use your ip address and email address. We need and store this information so we can help you in the best way possible and make sure that you are satisfied with our response. This way we can easily access the information in case you have any following questions and train our customer service to improve even more.
We have a newsletter to inform those interested of our products and/or services. Each newsletter contains a link with which to unsubscribe from our newsletter. You can also enable/disable this on your account page. We store this information for one month after you cancelled your subscription.
Handling your order
We will use your personal data when handling your order. We may also obtain information on your payment from your bank or credit card company or via one of our payment service providers.
For this purpose, we use your payment details, invoice address (if applicable), email address, name and address details and ip address. We need this data in the performance of the agreement that you conclude with us. We store this information until your order has been completed and seven years thereafter (the legal retention period).
Other than the advertisements on the website, we can inform you about new products or services:
- by e-mail
- via social media
You can object at all times against this promotional communication. Every e-mail contains a cancellation link. You can block us or use the cancellation option. You can inform us through your account.
If necessary, we may collect your location data (GPS). If that is the case, you will be asked to grant consent beforehand.
This location data and other data can also be stored and processed by the provider of the navigation/mapping software, such as Google Maps, but the data could also be used by, for example, Google or Apple itself. We have no control over their actions. We recommend that you read the applicable privacy statement of the provider in question.
When placing a review on one of our products or services, the following data is published so as to be visible to everyone on the Internet:
– Name or nickname you provided when adding the review
– Content of your review
You choose which information you publish. Be aware that you could be traced with this information.
Providing Data to Third Parties
We may provide your data to our partners. These partners will provide personalised advertisements based on your personal data. These partners are involved in the performance of the agreement that you conclude with us. These partners may use your data for their own marketing purposes. These partners may be based outside the EU. Therefore we ask you for your explicit consent when first accessing our services.
Our website features social media buttons. These buttons are used by the providers of these services to collect your personal data.
We keep statistics on the use of our webshop
The first time you visit our webshop, we will show you a notification explaining our cookies. If you keep using our webshop, we assume that you do not object to these cookies.
We made arrangements with other parties who place cookies through our website. Nevertheless, we cannot fully control what they are doing with their cookies, so please read their privacy statements as well.
- Bing – Analytical, retargeting and marketing
- Cloudflare – Analytical
- Facebook – Analytical, social and marketing
- Google AdWords – Analytical, retargeting, marketing
- Google Analytics – Analytical, A/B testing
- Google+ – Social
We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website and to get reports about how visitors use the website. We accepted the data processing agreement from Google. We don’t allow Google to use information obtained by Analytics for other Google services, and we anonymize the IP-adresses.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- Access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password
- We take physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored
- We make use of secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer of SSL) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data
- We keep logs of all requests for personal data
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes
Inspection and Modification of your Data
You have the following right:
- Being informed on which personal data we have and what we are using it for;
- Inspection of the personal data that we keep from you;
- Having incorrect data corrected;
- Request to delete outdated personal data;
- Revoke your consent;
- Object to certain uses.
Please note that you always make clear who you are, so that we can assure we do not modify or remove the data from the wrong person.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens. (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en )